Downtown West Chester offers almost 70 options for dining on any given day, which means that no matter what your taste buds are craving, you’re sure to find it here! Many of the most popular restaurants are those that are near our apartments in West Chester, PA, which is good news for many of the residents – they can just step outside the doors of 124 Marketplace and take a quick walk or drive and get their fill of everything from Boston BBQ pulled pork, crab cake sandwiches, Old World Italian cuisine, specialty salads, and cheesesteaks to hoagies, Thai dishes, vegan and vegetarian dishes, brioche French toast, and more.
It’s difficult to make a list of select restaurants near downtown West Chester, PA apartments that are the best, since there are so many! However, following are a few of our top picks for the best restaurants to hit in downtown:
- Teca offers beautiful Italian (and vegetarian-friendly) dishes in a unique atmosphere with a friendly vibe. You can find Teca at 38 E. Gay Street.
- Limoncello is an upscale award-winning ristorante that features legendary Italian cuisine. Located at 9 N. Walnut Street, the establishment also offers premium catering services.
- Roots Café is often found at the top of lists of places with the best food and the best music, and is a “farm to table” restaurant located at 133 E. Gay Street.
- The Couch Tomato is famous for its salad inspirations, and is located at 31 W. Gay Street. Proudly featuring fresh, local, organic foods, it’s a great place to eat clean for brunch!
- Boxcar Brewpub offers locally crafted beers, wines and cider that is out of this world. The authentic non-processed food on the menu is just one part of the casual atmosphere that makes the place truly one-of- a-kind. Boxcar Brewpub is located at 142 E. Market Street.
- Saloon 151 is a great place for good traditional American cuisine, along with some great barbecue. Saloon 151 is located at 152 West Gay Street; be sure to visit their pub, too.
- Side Bar & Restaurant is a local favorite for good reason. With dining out on the patio, on the floor on two levels, and at three different bars, the casual restaurant has something for everyone, from excellent craft beer and burgers to seafood salads to pizza.
- The Social Lounge, located at 117 East Gay Street, is an incredibly popular Southern scratch cooking restaurant and bar, playing host to everything from private events to small parties and everything in between. Enjoy dishes like pot roast fries, surf and turf jambalaya, Jackson square salads, Angus burgers, and more.
- Ram’s Head Bar & Grill, an American version of the British Gastropub, serves up awesome, pub food, craft beer, an excellent draft lineup, along with a fine selection of daily entertainment and live music. With beer events and daily food and drink specials you won’t want to miss, Ram’s Head is located at 40 East Market Street.
Note that a vast majority of these restaurants, including Roots Café, Limoncello, Boxcar Brewpub, Teca, Rams Head and Sidebar are a part of our constantly growing resident discount program. Residents show their keychain/fob they receive upon move-in and get a certain percentage off food. This gives residents an opportunity to explore all the culinary options West Chester has to offer while saving money! This, of course, is just a partial list of notable restaurants that you’ll want to be sure to visit in West Chester, PA. There are literally dozens of additional places you won’t want to miss, and they’re all located within easy distance of some of the best West Chester, PA apartments.