January may be over, but winter is still young so we rounded up a few exciting winter activities to schedule while as West Chester is still draped in a blanket of snow. So get rid of that cabin fever (no matter how cozy your 124 Marketplace apartment is), and get out the apartment with these great ideas!
- Visit the American Helicopter Museum & Education Center. While warm summer weather might lead you to more outdoor activities, winter cold is perfect for checking out indoor museums. (Helpful hint, the museum is offering special Valentine’s Day helicopter rides and it’s never too early to start planning!)
- We make it a point to plan regular events and outings for residents at one of our favorite hangout spots – Boxcar Brewing Company. But feel free to warm up with some brew and check out their open mic nights, trivia nights or game nights (which are held weekly).
- Purchase tickets to the next WCU Live! Show before they sell out. FLY Dance Company will be performing on Friday, February 12, and Ensemble Español will present a Spanish Dance Theater two weeks later on February 26.
- You can also mark your calendar for The Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Chester County’s performance of The Mikado. With five performances through the month of January, it’s the perfect time to catch the beloved operetta.
- When you find yourself not being able to bear the cold any longer, make a plan to travel. It’ll be the perfect time to book that exotic trip you’ve been thinking about for months now! (Or at least start planning it, even if it never happens, it will still snap you out of your winter blues.)
- January is the time most people make a resolution to get healthier, and our state-of-the-art gym at 124 Marketplace makes it easy. If you’re not a fan of running in the cold (who is?), hit the treadmill instead. You’ll be grateful come summer.
- On that (get-healthy) note, bundle up, brave the cold and head out to the West Chester Growers Market. It’s the perfect time to stock up on produce and try a new winter squash recipe to keep you warm. Winter hours at the market are every first and third Saturday, from 10am to noon.
- How about a ski trip? Head to a local ski shop to get your rentals situated, then make the drive to Spring Mountain Adventures for some serious snow adventures.
- You could always swap adventure for art and plan an afternoon of creativity at The Painted Plate in Downtown West Chester. From Ladies’ Night to Date Night to Family Night, the pottery painting studio is the (warm) place to get your creative juices flowing.
- Once you’ve done all this and are feeling the nip in the air, head back inside and enjoy some complimentary coffee and snacks in the 124 Marketplace lobby. The coffee and perhaps even great conversations with your neighbors will warm you up in no time.
Of course, a plain ol’ snowball fight is always fun too. The best thing about calling our 124 Marketplace apartments your home is that you have access to all these places and events without having to travel too far. If you’d like to become a resident of our fabulous complex, schedule an appointment, apply online or contact us today to learn how.